Friday, September 22, 2017

Wishing You A Harvest Of Blessings


Hi Friends!

I decided to create a Clean and Simple (CAS) card for LeAnne's #362 “CAS Harvest” Challenge at The Paper Players using the Harvest Mouse stamp set from My Favorite Things™ (MFT). 

I already had a few of the mouse images along with the pumpkins, etc. stamped and colored  in my stash so I decided to pull them out and create this quick card.

I also incorporated the CAS(E) This Sketch #240 Challenge into the design and along with the AAA Cards Game #99 “Autumn Colours” .

I hope you have taken the time to visit each of the challenge sites listed above, and if not, I encourage you to do so- gorgeous inspiration from all!

To create this card:

1). Ink the Harvest Mouse images with Versafine™ Onyx Black Ink and stamp onto Whisper White cardstock.  Heat set the ink (I usually do this to speed up the drying process) and color the images with water-based and alcohol markers.

2). Score a piece of Whisper White cardstock (for the angles on the sketch), de-static the paper with an embossing powder tool, stamp the sentiment with Versafine™ Onyx Black Ink, apply clear embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool.

3). Trim a piece of Pumpkin Pie cardstock, adhere the embossed card front to the panel and mount the entire panel onto a white card base.

4). Die cut the Harvest Mouse images with the coordinating MFT Harvest Mouse dies, mount onto the card front with dimensional foam and add a few blue sequins to finish off the card.

Stamp Sets: Harvest Mouse (My Favorite Things™)

Ink/Mediums: Versafine™ Onyx Black; Spectrum Noir™ Alcohol Markers, Stampin’ Write Markers

Paper: Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie

Accessories/Tools: Big Shot™, MFT Harvest Mouse Dies, Embossing Buddy®, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Blue Sequins (Craft Medley Asst)

Thanks again for taking the time to stop by and I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend- hugs!!

5 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

I don't usually expect to see CAS in your work Julie but I see that your trademark beautiful colouring is still on show! I really like the way you've made the diagonals of the sketch into subtle score lines. It lets that bright mouse and his hoard be the star of the card. Thank you so much for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

Leigh Penner said...

Super sweet take on the sketch!

Jane said...

Beautifully crisp and I love how you've used embossing and kept your card CAS. Thanks for joining in with the current AAA Cards Challenge.

LeAnne said...

Super cute way to use this challenging sketch, Julie!! And I am glad you decided to play with my CAS challenge, too! These little mice are some of my favorites! Thanks for sharing them with us this week!

stampwithsandy said...

I love that cute little mouse with the pumpkin, one of my favorite images for autumn though this set remains on my wish list! Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Players, Julie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...